Tuesday, November 07, 2006

 

Football improvements

Some improvements to our football program for next year.

  1. Bring it back to the roots of the program, if all you do is think about winning then unless you have a really talented team you won’t. Being that the Viking’s have been the most winning team means that we have gotten away from the roots and was more worried about winning the championship.
  2. Become more then team mates. We have to become friends before we can win anything. You have to care about each and everyone one on the team not just the guys who get the tackles/touchdowns, but the everyone weather on the field or on the bench.
  3. Better leaders. I remember the days of Tomas, Mitch, and others. They are what made me come out to practice after the first few days. I might of just been sacred of them but I think it goes deeper, I don’t remember one day when you heard them making fun of the slowest guy or a guy who didn’t do the drill right. They stepped out of there way and showed you how it was done and made sure that you got it.
  4. Less coaches. I think we need to loose a few coaches or set them up differently, I can’t remember the number of times that I was told to do something differently then the other coach told me to do 10 seconds before. I think that the city team coaches need to be city team coaches need to be city team coaches when you need to take another van on road trips just for the coaches you have to many coaches.
  5. City Team being the City team. I think that the city team should be the city team. Just like the way we did it with the JV team in years past, I’m all for the younger guys to be able to play more often, and they should have equal playing team for all the players on that team. How can you get better if you never play? Also the players on the traveling team should be able to play on the city team, when you have guys starting both rural and city team games you should be able to think that they shouldn’t be playing on the city team, it shouldn’t matter what grade they are in.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?